Term of use
When you use the RE/MAX KEY Program web application, you accept the general terms and conditions of use.
RE/MAX KEY Program is a purchasing/buying group for RE/MAX customers.
Please note that the net purchase amount excludes taxes, duties, shipping, insurance, gift wrapping, rebates or credit, cancellations, extended warranties or other. Some conditions apply and discounts obtained may vary on products.
The member purchases a product from one of our associated merchant(s) Merchant Partner by clicking on the link and is directed to their transactional site. If other sites are visited prior to completing the purchase or if ineligible coupons are used by the RE/MAX KEY Program, the purchase and discount may not be recognized.
The RE/MAX KEY Program therefore offers a web application which allows to become members of it’s program. Becoming a member of the RE/MAX KEY Program is simple and free, all you need to do is buy or sell a house with a RE/MAX broker. All that is required to start is an email address, your first name, your RE/MAX broker and a password. RE/MAX KEY Program do not requires the installation of software/application on a mobile phone to access it, since it is a web platform available on mobile, tablet and computer.
- Definitions of the terms used in the RE/MAX KEY Program
RE/MAX KEY Program: The name of the loyalty program created by Groupe Maisons in collaboration with RE/MAX Québec to give exclusive offers to its RE/MAX brokers and their clients.
Platform: All the functionalities accessible and provided to RE/MAX KEY Program members are through the mobile web application.
Web Application: The term designating the purchasing group program/application created by Groupe Maisons in collaboration with RE/MAX Québec for its brokers and their clients.
Merchant Partner: Retailer/Merchant selected by Groupe Maisons for the RE/MAX KEY Program based on the discounts and benefits offered and from which members can purchase products.
Purchase: Order placed by a RE/MAX KEY Program member at a Merchant Partner in accordance with the latter's contractual conditions.
RE/MAX KEY Program Account: The RE/MAX KEY Program account is not a bank account. The RE/MAX KEY Program account allows the member to take advantage of the platform by registering for free. The member accesses his account from the RE/MAX KEY Program web application to see the total accumulated discounts. No banking transaction is possible on the application of the RE/MAX KEY Program.
Username: A valid email address is required for free registration on the site. Once the member has registered, the username allows you to connect to the site to use the platform.
Password: Information requested at registration by the member allowing, in conjunction with the use of the username, to log in as a RE/MAX KEY Program member. This information is confidential and encrypted. The RE/MAX KEY Program technical team cannot access it. In the event of a forgotten password, it is possible to create a new one by following the instructions given.
- Acceptance, duration and modification of the general conditions of use
The purpose of these General Terms and Conditions of Use (GTC) is to establish the terms and conditions of use and service agreement of the platform provided by the RE/MAX KEY Program web application. The reading and acceptance of these GTC by the RE/MAX KEY Program member is required for registration on the application in order to benefit from the platform's service.
- Registration in the RE/MAX KEY Program is prohibited to any legal or natural person acting in their professional activity and to any minor natural person (18 years old and under).
- The member undertakes to renounce the use of the platform in the event of disagreement with one or more clauses contained in the GTC.
- The member undertakes to compensate the RE/MAX KEY Program for any damage resulting from improper use of the platform.
The GTC are subject to change and in the event of modifications, the RE/MAX KEY Program undertakes to inform members before their next use or when they first connect after the said modification. The member must read and accept the GTC again before using the platform again.
- Using RE/MAX KEY Program
Registration: The member's registration on the RE/MAX KEY Program application must be completed and compliant in order to use the platform. The username must be linked to a valid email address on which the member receives his registration confirmation and other communications. The member must be of legal age (18 years and over) and agree not to use the platform for any illegal or fraudulent activity. The member must accept these GTC. Please note that participation in the RE/MAX KEY Program and the possibility of receiving return discounts are offered at the sole discretion of the RE/MAX KEY Program, and the latter has the right to amend this agreement, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice.
Communication: By registering for the RE/MAX KEY Program, the member agrees to receive communications related to the membership and account, as well as newsletters. The member can choose to no longer receive these newsletters via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter. As the RE/MAX KEY Program must communicate with its members, information concerning its account , it is not possible to unsubscribe from these informative emails. The member can close his account at any time, if he wishes, by contacting customer service via the link available on the RE/MAX KEY Program web application.
Description of the platform: By using the RE/MAX KEY Program platform, the member receives offers and discount according to the merchant.
Purchasing process : In order to be able to calculate discounts, it is necessary for the RE/MAX KEY Program member to connect to the web platform to have his purchases recognized by Merchant Partners. The member must therefore first go through the RE/MAX KEY Program application before making the purchase.
- The member connects to the RE/MAX KEY Program application using their username and password or through a social connections such as Facebook and Google.
- The member selects a Merchant Partner on the platform by clicking on shop to be directed to the latter's site to make the purchase.
- During the purchase process, from the time of referral to the merchant site until the end of payment, the member cannot go to any other website. If this procedure is not followed, the RE/MAX KEY Program cannot guarantee the proper tracking of the purchase and the validation of the discount. Please note that the use of a payment site (e.g. Paypal) does not pose any problems for tracking.
Compatibility with smart phones: RE/MAX KEY Program is compatible with mobile versions of Merchant Partners' websites, but not necessarily with their mobile applications if applicable. For discounts on mobile purchases to be taken into account, the member must follow the process described in the previous section "Purchase Procedure". The member goes through the Merchant Partner's file or the tabs available on the RE/MAX KEY Program mobile application to access the Merchant Partner's site by clicking on shop. Therefore, use the mobile version to make your purchases.
Combining other services: The RE/MAX KEY Program platform cannot be combined with other similar or competitive services such as cashback or other partial remuneration sites. The RE/MAX KEY Program platform may not be cumulative with other services offering codes, coupons, promotions and flash offers, or referral services paid by a points system or money system. Unless specified in the detailed merchant file, the RE/MAX KEY Program platform may not be cumulative with the merchant partners' own loyalty systems. Note that credit card discounts may be in addition to discounts received through the RE/MAX KEY Program.
Ethics and morality: The RE/MAX KEY Program require its members to behave in an exemplary manner, particularly with regard to complaints about uncollected discounts. Before making a claim, the member undertakes to have used the platform as stipulated in its GTC.
- RE/MAX KEY Program reserves the right to request proof of order, delivery and payment from the member for orders placed via the RE/MAX KEY Program platform to ensure proper payment of commissions by Merchant Partners.
- RE/MAX KEY reserves the right to refuse payment of the discount if the member does not comply with the GTC of the platform and that of the Merchant Partner and is therefore refused by the Merchant Partner.
Account termination and termination:
RE/MAX KEY Program authorizes the creation of a single member account per individual by identifying themselves by their surname, first name, email address and mailing address. The member must provide the correct information when registering to create its profile. No discount can be granted to the member in the event of non-compliance of registration or use of the platform that does not comply with these general conditions of use.
In the event of the discovery of fraud (multiple accounts, false identity, etc.) after the payment of a discount or cancellation of an order, RE/MAX KEY Program reserves the right to request reimbursement of all sums due including all administrative costs incurred.
RE/MAX KEY Program is not responsible for the validity of promotions, promotional codes and personalized exclusive offers of its Merchant Partners.
- Limited Program Responsibility RE/MAX KEY Program
Access to the RE/MAX KEY Program platform is conditional to compliance with these general conditions of use by the member. In the event of non-compliance with the general conditions of use, access to the site may be refused without prior notification from the RE/MAX KEY Program. RE/MAX KEY Program reserves the right to temporarily suspend access to the web platform for maintenance, updates or other purposes as required.
- Technique: RE/MAX KEY Program cannot be held responsible for any access problem or poor conditions of use and operation of the platform.
- The member accepts the possibility of technical vulnerabilities and security risks by using an online service.
- The member acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for the proper functioning of his/her hardware and software.
- The member acknowledges that it is not possible to guarantee a fault-free operation due to regular browser updates and continuous platform improvement.
RE/MAX KEY Program reserves the right to update or terminate its applications at any time. By these terms and conditions, the member agrees not to copy or extract the RE/MAX KEY Program source code for any reason. It is prohibited to rent, sell, or sub-license the RE/MAX KEY Program applications without its prior written authorization. RE/MAX KEY Program applications, their information and technologies cannot be exported elsewhere. All rights to the RE/MAX KEY Program applications are reserved by RE/MAX KEY Program under Canadian copyright laws.
- Merchant partners: RE/MAX KEY Program offers a platform that connects merchant partners and members. RE/MAX KEY Program does not sell goods, resell or endorse the products and services offered on its site. Information relating to the products and services of merchant partners displayed on the RE/MAX KEY Program site is not guaranteed to be error-free. RE/MAX KEY Program does not control the quality, compliance, safety, solvency, veracity or accuracy of products and services offered by merchant partners. RE/MAX KEY Program cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by a product or service published on its website.
The RE/MAX KEY Program cannot be held responsible for the commercial policy proposed by its merchant partners about the conduct of the transaction with the member, delivery times, after-sales service, registration in commercial newsletters, etc. Programme Clé RE/MAX cannot be held responsible for the presence of hypertext links to other websites managed by third parties such as merchant partners.
RE/MAX KEY Program is not responsible for any changes made, interruption or withdrawal of any merchant partner, and any effect on discounts caused by these changes. RE/MAX KEY Program is not responsible for changes, interruption or withdrawal of special offers on a Merchant Partner site.
RE/MAX KEY Program is not responsible for lost or stolen payments, including gift cards. RE/MAX KEY Program is not responsible for payments delivered to the wrong address or for payment errors made by payment partners such as PayPal.
- Update and maintenance of the member's account: The member must log into the RE/MAX KEY Program platform with his password to change his information and his preferences if necessary. For security reasons, it is recommended to memorize the password and not to write it down. The member undertakes to protect his password and is responsible for keeping it and his other account information confidential. RE/MAX KEY Program is not responsible for credits or debits made to the account by others who use the account password. RE/MAX KEY Program cannot be held liable for damages caused by the disclosure of identification and platform connection information to third parties.
If the member disagrees with the adjustments made to his account, the only recourse is to withdraw from the RE/MAX KEY Program.
- Others : RE/MAX KEY Program cannot be held responsible for the use of the information and content on the site without its prior agreement. In the event of damage caused to the RE/MAX KEY Program, the latter reserves the right to claim compensation according to the damage suffered.
RE/MAX KEY Program cannot be held responsible in the event of a Force Majeure (such as war, natural disaster, revolution, etc.) leading to the platform's failure to operate and the cancellation of the existing system as well as unpaid discounts.
The member may be taxed on cash rebates and certain commodities, depending on the tax laws of federal governments and local jurisdictions. RE/MAX KEY Program may provide this information regarding its members if it knows them. The member remains solely responsible for any and all fiscal liability.
- Member Responsibility RE/MAX KEY Program
By these GTC, the member accepts that he/she is solely responsible for the opinions and opinions posted on the site and undertakes not to infringe in any way the rights and interests of any third party. RE/MAX KEY Program cannot be held responsible for the opinions and opinions held by members on the site. In the event of any prejudice caused to a third party, by the opinions and/or opinions held by a member on the site, any and all claims for compensation or legal proceedings will be directed against the member and not against the RE/MAX KEY Program.
RE/MAX KEY Program may modify this agreement with or without notice. It is the member's responsibility to check the RE/MAX KEY Program page regularly to determine if the agreement has been modified. If the member disagrees with any amendment to this agreement, he/she must immediately cease to participate in the RE/MAX KEY Program platform. To close his account, the member must contact the helpdesk available on the RE/MAX KEY Program application.
RE/MAX KEY Program is a brand of RE/MAX Québec.
All rights reserved. ® 2021
Under the Copyright Act (R.S.C. (1985), c. C-42), the Trade-marks Act (R.S.C. (1985), c. T-13), applicable international agreements, and as stated by the Canadian Intellectual Property Office, no person shall, in whole or in part, in any form, for any purpose whatsoever:
Reproduce, sell, rent, issue, broadcast, adapt, modify, correct, publish, copy, communicate, announce (non-exhaustive list - also includes any other action of the same nature), data, source code, presentation, website, RE/MAX KEY Program platform (non-exhaustive list - also includes any other document of the same nature), without the prior authorization of RE/MAX;
-Advertise goods or services in such a way as to create confusion with RE/MAX trademarks or trade names, including, but not limited to, the following: RE/MAX KEY Program, Groupe Maisons
- Convention of proof
By registering, the member agrees to provide his or her information for electronic or postal exchanges (such as emails, form submissions, content and software downloads, comments, etc.) to RE/MAX KEY Program and agrees that this information may be used as evidence if necessary.
- Personal information and privacy
"Under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) (S.C. 2000, c. 5), and provincial legislation substantially similar to PIPEDA applicable in certain Canadian provinces," each RE/MAX KEY Program member has the right to access and correct their personal data. Indeed, any user who has provided personal information on the RE/MAX KEY Program application can request its disclosure by contacting the RE/MAX KEY Program.
The member agrees to provide reliable and accurate information, and ensures that it remains so, in order to use the RE/MAX KEY Program. The member can access and modify at any time its account. RE/MAX KEY Program cannot be held responsible for the loss of discounts if personal information is incorrect.
RE/MAX KEY Program respects the confidentiality of personal data and undertakes not to communicate messages and personal information to a third party. The request for personal information at registration allows RE/MAX KEY Program to manage members' accounts, send targeted promotional offers (with agreement) and analyze statistics. RE/MAX KEY Program asks members for their name and address in order to send out rewards. Any other information collected by RE/MAX KEY Program will only be used to improve the customer experience.
RE/MAX KEY Program may disclose partial information from its members to third parties in the following situations:
- to ensure that RE/MAX KEY Program agents and service providers recognize the remittance in order to make the remittance;
- to comply with a government agency or court orders or requests;
- to provide aggregate or non-personalized marketing services for advertising or partner stores;
- for RE/MAX KEY Program agents and service providers to communicate with the member.
The member may cancel his subscription to the newsletter and promotional offers from the RE/MAX KEY Program or Merchant Partners at any time.
- Complaints and applicable law
In the event of a dispute related to these GTC, the RE/MAX KEY Program relies on the member to inform him/her in the first instance. Any claims related to the operation of the platform, such as discounts, rebates, points, rewards or other items, must be submitted through the support page available on the RE/MAX.KEY Program website. Product and after-sales service requests are the responsibility of the member. The latter must communicate directly to the merchants. RE/MAX KEY Program may invite the member to contact the merchants directly.
In the event of a dispute, the RE/MAX KEY Program and the members undertake to reach an amicable agreement with the use of mediation, as provided for in the Code of Civil Procedure of Québec, RLRQ, chapter C-25, in order to avoid any legal proceedings. It is possible that the member's account may be temporarily blocked during such a procedure or in the event of a claim. Any dispute relating to this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec and shall be submitted to the courts of the Province of Quebec.
- Severability of clauses
The invalidity, lapse, lack of binding force or unenforceability of any of the provisions of these general terms and conditions of use shall not affect the validity of the others.
In the event of a dispute, RE/MAX KEY Program and the members undertake to reach an amicable agreement with the recourse of a mediation, provided for in the Code of Civil Procedure Code of Quebec, CQLR, Chapter C-25, in order to avoid any legal proceeding. The member’s account can be temporarily blocked during the procedure or in the event of a claim. Any dispute relating to these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Province of Quebec and shall be submitted to the court of this province.
12. Divisibility of clauses
The nullity, the invalidity, the absence of binding force or the unenforceability of any of the stipulations of the present general conditions of use dot not affect the validity of the others.